The hike to the summit of Lion’s Head was definitely
a highlight of the trip for me. The little bit of climbing that was involved
brought back fond memories of rock climbing with my father in Colorado’s
Boulder Canyon. The view from the top was a perfect reward and (of course) photo
opportunity. It is a must when studying
conservation to get to experience first had all that nature has to offer. And
in South Africa, nature has plenty to offer! I was completely blown away by the
natural beauty everywhere we went, beginning in Cape Town and continuing
throughout our journey.
Rachel and I at the summit.
Our visit to the Bo-Kaap Neighborhood in Cape Town’s
Malay Quarter was another beautiful moment of the day. I loved the rich
symbolism of the brightly colored homes that expressed the new freedom of the
salves that once lived there.
No comments:
Post a Comment